Top Reasons to Start Text Marketing: Your customers only leave home with three things: Their car keys, purse or wallet and their cell phone. Text marketing ensures your message reaches your customers no matter where they are. This lets you speak to your potential customers in a one on one manner that is unmatched by other advertising.
- Redemption rate: 20% industry average redemption rate. Due to it being opt-in marketing and the 95% read rates, you are able to drive real traffic into your business.
- High Open Rate: Compared to email marketing, SMS has a staggeringly high open rate. Essentially, every SMS sent is opened (and read), whereas only a fraction of emails sent are read. When a subscriber feels that buzz in their pocket or hears that trill signaling a text message, they always look. In some cases, text messages are automatically opened, where emails aren’t. Subscribers have a choice to open your email.
- High Conversion Rate: With SMS, there is an incredibly high rate of subscriber action. Whatever your SMS is – promotions or contests – there is more action taken compared to any other marketing or promotion strategies.
- Short Messages: Though this is a challenge for some businesses, the 160-character length of SMS is a boon for marketing. It forces you to be clear and concise. Instead of having your subscribers slog through content that isn’t always relevant, SMS gets to the point immediately without anything that is unnecessary.
- Instant Deliverability: SMS is lightning fast, literally putting your message into your subscribers’ pockets or purses seconds after you send. The average time for all mobile carriers and SMS services is less than 7 seconds from send to received. However, other marketing strategies are also incredibly fast, but nothing compares to the swiftness of SMS.
- Frequency: Increase customer frequency. Sending out well planned and incentivized messages during off-peak days will drive customers into the store off their normal purchase rhythm. Even a small increase of 20% customer frequency would add huge returns to anyone’s bottom line.
- Increase off peak sales: Send text blasts when business is slow. Having a slow day at your store? Reservations down for a upcoming weekend? Now you can send out a limited time text blast and get sales in the door within hours.
- Opt-In Marketing: Build a list of your best customers. Customers who take the extra step of texting in to be added to your list are most likely to buy from you. They are giving you permission to send them offers and are telling you they want a reason to spend.
- Flexible Platform: Either send a handful of messages to a targeted group or send thousands of SMS messages to your entire list. Create a promotional message or a quick industry update; SMS truly molds itself to whatever the needs are of your business. Also, many SMS services easily integrate into your other online marketing strategies.
- Rewards: Create customer loyalty by rewarding members for being on your list. Giving their mobile number to you is more personal then email or a mailing address. Make sure the offers sent by text are exclusive and meaningful to reward and thank your customers.
- Reliable: Unlike email, SMS doesn’t have to battle against spam or other email filters. If anything, SMS is more of a direct connection to your customer base than any other marketing strategy, and there aren’t any barriers.
- Growth: Mobile marketing continues to grow in acceptance, participation and relevance. Mobile growth will continue to grow into 2014. Customer acceptance grows as well as the number of text messages begin sent monthly. You must begin before your competition does and steals your customers onto their list. Imagine if you were the first business into Google, Facebook, or email? If you have tried other marketing methods and the just don’t seem to be as effective anymore, it may be time to consider text marketing for your business.
- Green: Green is in! Though most online marketing strategies are naturally green, it is incredibly important to reiterate. Green is not only great for the environment but for the bottom line.
Text marketing or SMS marketing uses the latest technology customers have, their cell phones. Customers like the feeling of being involved with something new and exciting and will respond accordingly. By taking advantage of new mobile advertising opportunities you are separating yourself from your competitors it says your business is moving forward and staying ahead.
The benefits to start text message marketing are very effective at increasing your sales, saving you money and time. Incorporate text advertising and help your business continue to grow! Contact Vallexa Mobile to start text marketing today!